San Juan County Jail Home Page
- San Juan County Jail
- P.O. Box 788
- 297 South Main Street
- Monticello, UT 84535
- Phone Number: (435) 587-2237
The San Juan County Jail is located in the San Juan County Public Safety Complex. The capacity of the jail is approximately 120 inmates, including about 70 state inmates.
- Incarceration is punishment, in and of itself. Inmates will be treated in a courteous manner without personal prejudice regarding sex, race, religion, offense, or political affiliation.
- All Inmates and staff will be held accountable for their actions.
- The opportunity for reintegration to society is found in humane treatment and programs.
- Booking pictures/Inmate Photos - Photos taken during the booking process. Can be requested once a GRAMA request is filled out.
- Fingerprints - Fingerprints can be obtained from San Juan County Sheriff's Office located at 297 S. Main Monticello, UT (435) 587 2237. Cost of prints is $15.00 and will need to be paid in cash. Fingerprints are done with an electronic fingerprint system.
- Bail - Security, usually a sum of money, exchanged for the release of an arrested person as a guarantee of that person's appearance for trial. Bail may be paid in cash or the use of a Utah certified bail bond agency. See Authorized Bail Bonds for the San Juan County Jail.
- Inmate Accounts
- Work Release - Work release will be available to inmates once they have seen the judge and have a commitment. Felons are only eligible for supervised work release. Misdemeanors commitment will be available for general public to use and are expected to pay at least minimum wage and provide meals if used during meal time. All work release is on a first come first serve basis. Inmates are required to follow the rules and instructions given by Jail staff.